The JUST Capital Foundation is a social enterprise that is changing the relationship between the public and Corporate America. Our mission is to mobilize the immense power and resources of the private sector to create a more just marketplace that better reflects the values and priorities of the American people.
We use the power of information: changing behavior by providing definitive, unbiased data and rankings on how corporations behave on the issues people care most about. The platform is driven by the organization’s advanced polling and market research work, and leading edge corporate performance measurement. The data, indexes, products and tools we develop will allow all market stakeholders - consumers, employees, citizens, investors, policymakers, corporate leaders and others – to track how companies perform on things that matter most to them, and ultimately to direct capital towards those advancing a more just future.
A strong digital presence is core to JUST Capital’s business strategy, and we seek a proven entrepreneur to dramatically accelerate brand recognition as we enter a pivotal moment of growth. This savvy digital change agent must understand “digital” as an undercurrent throughout a high impact organization, not just as a single position in a Communications department. The Director, Digital is the driving force behind external affairs, brand strategy, and ultimate custodian of our reputation and legitimacy before our stakeholders. The Director, Digital embodies a love for our core asset: Investment grade data and analysis that drives decision making from elite financial institutions and consumers alike.
The Director will act as one of numerous digital pillars within the organization, supporting all departments to accelerate current trajectory and help us reach escape velocity -- moving from a “big bet startup” founded by a pioneer of modern finance to a well established industry leader, embedded within the work culture of America.
The Director, Digital should have a strong track record of leading change in organizations working in non-creative fields. Effectively communicating the value proposition of new tech and promoting open collaboration is an art and science -- the Director, Digital will be a coach to others. When necessary, the Director, Digital must play the role of the contrarian and skeptic to challenge status quo and business as usual internally as technology evolves.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Ideas: Dreams like a Creative Technologist
- Mind of an engineer, media arts background with the mind of a Creative Director
- The ideas person who dreams up technology mashups, deep understanding of what’s possible with new and emerging digital tools
Proof: Thinks like a Digital Strategist
- Deeply analytical individual who can design and run analytics experiments across media channels
- Sets ROI targets for priority stakeholders and audiences
- Background in statistical methods, econometrics, value chain analysis, etc.
Process: Maneuvers like a Product Manager
- Drives progress against deliverables by shepherding projects forward across departments, at all levels of the organization
- Background in professional production, assesses opportunity, runs point on engagement, develops budgets, oversees contracting with vendors
AREAS OF FOCUS
Artful use of modern communications to develop media and partner rich touch points, interactions, and addictive experiences that accelerate our mission of building a more JUST economy.
Develop online pathways for priority audiences to connect with current, past, and emerging research assets in ways that reinforce the brand as the leading purveyor of data and analysis on JUST company behavior.
Enhanced Stakeholder Experience
Design digital systems for supporters to experience continual progress and achievement with JUST Capital (constant engagement), relevant at every digital touchpoint to each priority stakeholder group to drive adoption of JUST products and principles.
Digital: Strategy, Convenings & Stakeholder Engagement
- Shape and lead the integrated strategy for technology and digital platforms in service of JUST Capital’s mission
- Develop and implement new digital strategies for JUST to help define, prioritize, and target online audiences that:
- Complement and advance work of stakeholders including investors, employers, employees, activists, and foundation partners
- Deepen engagement on contemporary and evergreen issues surrounding corporate business practices, living wage, population health, inequality, etc.
- Reinforce relationships with institutional partners and allies from government to labor groups to professional business consortia
- Serve as a creative strategist to continually propose and implement improvements to the justcapital.com website and other digital properties (including all owned social and paid digital, ranging from microsites to apps to distributed content)
- Maneuver as product manager and oversee:
- Development of multimedia content along clear storytelling pathways for relevant audiences, determining media, format, and distribution channels
- New technology product development, which will flow from and integrate with priorities outlined by the Chief Technology Officer, Corporate Engagement, and Products teams
Branded Partnerships and Alliances
- Explore strategic digital partnerships with leading, progressive publishing platforms and blue chip, high-level media partners (could be Wikipedia-like in size and notoriety) to imagine new forms of collaborative scholarship, thought leadership, and digital communications, aligned to organizational goals
- Identify opportunities, design pathways for engagement (establish tenor, norms for working with partners), leading everything from kick-off meetings to retrospective meetings, and incorporate learning into protocols/ensuring learnings are disseminated internally and externally as appropriate
- Establish clear lines of communication between appropriate team leads at JUST and partner organization to ensure partnerships go beyond individuals, so that collaborations benefit from the expertise and insight available across organizations
- Complement efforts of Communications and Research content strategy with, with comprehensive digital strategy for influencing online conversation via potential Program-related Twitter and related social accounts
- Work directly with Leadership and Communications to take an integrated, holistic approach to brand management across the board, future and past and brand functions, including managing reputation risk and building media partnerships to support independent coverage of priority issues
Learning, Evaluation, Performance, and Distribution
- Lead JUST Capital’s efforts to speed up the launch of priority digital products
- Continually improve on the delivery of those products to increase value to JUST
- Enhance integration across departments company-wide, and
- Scale up proven solutions aligned with program strategies
- Collaborate with CTO, JUST Leadership ands Board, and Communications, Fundraising, Corporate Engagement and Products leads and teams to enhance integration of digital tools for effective stakeholder (Investor, Activist, Shareholder, Consumer) success
- Build the planning, implementation, and evaluation tools for digital activities that accelerate the achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Articulate the purpose and intended outcomes of strategic investments in new digital tools and platforms
- Extrapolate learnings from analytics reports, and generate insights around stakeholder engagement in order to expand audience reach and increase share of voice of the JUST brand
- Develop budgets aligned with digital strategy and provide analysis around learnings from expenditures
- Develop vendor agreements and engagements and negotiate contracts
- Implement effective time management systems to eliminate workflow bottlenecks between Communications content strategy, Department workflows, and external stakeholder engagement
- A passion for JUST Capital’s mission
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in digital marketing strategy, digital engagement and analytics, public relations, marketing and social media
- Mastery of mainstream digital media platforms
- Technical expertise to lead and manage website SEO/SEM, marketing databases, email lists, social media, and display advertising campaigns
- Demonstrated successful leadership on online campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels through A/B and multivariate experiments
- Up-to-date with the latest digital trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement (and participate as a vocal advocate for JUST in industry fora and convenings)
- Knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends) and ad serving tools (e.g., DART, Atlas)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical, project management and communications skills and data-driven thinking
- Strong, clean visual design sense for brands in and adjacent to financial services
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working on tight deadlines and with limited resources
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Fully paid health, vision, dental insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Savings Accounts
- Backup Child Care Benefits
- Up to 24 weeks Family Leave for new parents, 12 weeks fully paid, 12 weeks partially paid
- One Medical Group Membership
- Citibike Membership
- Subsidized gym membership with New York Health & Racquet Club
- To be considered for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work samples
- JUST Capital is looking to fill this position immediately so applications will be considered on a rolling basis